Friday, February 3, 2012

Instrumental Motivation for Friday

My husband is the kind of person who can work with music blasting in the background. Honestly, I think it helps him and does not distract in the slightest. I, on the other hand, cannot. For me the issue is lyrics; if the words of the song are audible, I focus on them instead of the those that should be flying from my fingers for work or personal writing.

It's my cross to bear, what can I say.

However, there is an exception to this rule which is probably obvious: music that has no words. Ahhh! I'm talking classical music, instrumentals, string quartets... the list goes on.

This morning, to kick off my favorite day of the week, my best friend Britt sent me this accordion quintet's rousing rendition of one of my favorite 80's hits... A-Ha's Take On Me!



Tell me you weren't bouncing in your seat while listening to that... if you deny it, I won't believe you!

Speaking of not believing, or trying to keep yourself believing, it inspired me to share a few of my favorite instrumental covers by various groups, one of which is the song I walked down the aisle to when Kyle and I got married: Journey's Don't Stop Believin'.



Just in case you're planning on getting married in northern California and would like the information for the string quartet who played at our wedding, you can check them out here.

Another favorite cover is Fix You by Coldplay. I blast this in the car when I'm driving alongside the ocean on PCH and I can't tell you how happy it makes me.



And finally, for any Smashing Pumpkins fans, check out this cover of Today... it is seriously awesome.



If this sort of thing floats your boat, I recommend downloading Low Strung's or Vitamin String Quartet's albums, both available on iTunes. They are fantastic.

What a week, what a week! Happy Friday, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...