Thursday, July 5, 2012

Hump Day, Bump Day: Week 34

This is technically a day late, but not a buck short, and while I toyed around with the idea of posting yesterday, I couldn't muster up the energy. Yes, we've entered THAT territory, friends. However, Kyle and I finally got a jump start on organizing, cleaning and sorting, and while the looks of our house would suggest otherwise, I can assure you, we spent the majority of the day neck deep in stuff, things and more things and stuff.

Onto the photos (luckily for you, we're meeting friends for dinner tonight, so I won't be entertaining you with "Elizabeth's Cracked-out Pregnancy Ensembles" today).

  
Musings on weekly photo:  I kept these photos on the "closer" side so you wouldn't be forced to stare at all the things around my feet. You know how organization goes: it can only get worse before it gets better. It does certainly look like I'm storing a watermelon in my shirt.

Size of baby: We had our 34 week ultrasound on Tuesday, and it confirmed Senor Bébé is 5 pounds. The doctor estimated his weight will be around 7.5 pounds at birth, but I still feel like he'll at least hit numero ocho.

Movement: The ultrasound brought something unexpected to light: BBS is breech. What the hell, BBS?! When I was at my last appointment, he was head down and my doctor said, "The odds of him moving are slim to none." SLIM to NONE. Of course, he does have Sutherland blood coursing through his veins, so going rogue and flipping the bird to authority doesn't come as that much of a shock. At this point, I am thinking head down happy thoughts and hoping it all works itself out. 

Cravings: Water, water and more water. My feet have yet to swell up like balloons and I thank my friend, Agua, for that little awesome bit. 

Annoyance: I would be lying if I said the whole breech thing wasn't the biggest annoyance of all. I'm having some anxiety about it, though I'm trying to remain as calm as possible. Moving around has also become a bit of a pain; they aren't kidding when they say you really slow down in the last month (or month and a half if you're me, I suppose). If you were to see me walking down the street right now you'd first think, "What is she wearing?!" and then you'd think, "That is the biggest duck I ever did see." The waddling is out of control, friends.

Highlight of the week: My safari themed baby shower in northern California was such a good time! I wish you could have seen the cake my Aunt Margie whipped up, or the diaper cake my Aunt Judy put together (those are two crafty sisters, let me tell you)! I love visiting with my family, and since my chances to do so are few and far between, it's nice to be able to spend time with them, especially during this incredible time in my life. Also, staying at an awesome house in Calistoga with my husband, sister and two of my best friends wasn't shabby. 

Non-Highlight of the week: Breech baby, breech baby.

Fears: Starting to sound like a broken record: that he won't flip and I'll have to have a cesarean.

Nursery: We spent all of Fourth of July organizing and cleaning house (as I mentioned before), and though it looks like we've been burgled, I can assure you, it was a major step in the right direction!

Additional Notes: We may have not had the most relaxing Independence Day, but we did cook up some delicious eats: barbecued baby back ribs, grilled corn with garlic butter, kale chips, macaroni & cheese and strawberries with vanilla bean whipped cream. DELICIOUS and the perfect midweek treat.

Happy Hump Day, Bump Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...