Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Wedding on Golden Hill: What to Wear

I’m off to the wedding of my brother and his bride-to-be in northern California this weekend. They’re really quite a gorgeous couple, those two.

However, planning what to wear has been a bit of a challenge, the reason being I hate dressing for hot weather. I’m a jeans and snuggly sweaters and oversized scarves kind of gal. I called my grandma this afternoon and got a bit excited when she mentioned how cold it was outside… in Sacramento… in the middle of summer.

I should point out she has dementia and the weather was, in reality, 99 degrees Fahrenheit when we spoke.

In addition, the rehearsal dinner is Western Cowboy themed, and while I love any excuse to dress up or bust out my gray Henri Beguelin boots, the rest has been a bit of a struggle.

Thank god for my wonderful sister and her fabulous ideas… Talking to her inspired me to whip up these little dream ensembles. Have a gander and let me know what you think.

Cavender Cowboy Hat, MiH Jeans Stonewashed Shirt, Paul Smith Bandana Scarf, Emilio Pucci Snake Bracelet,
Rupert Sanderson Military Boots, Ae Distressed Denim Shorts

I can't even tell you how difficult it is to outfit this round noggin' in a cowboy hat.

L'Agence Maxi Dress, Monique Pean Atelier Diamond Earrings, Alexander McQueen Flower and Skull Cuff, Anya Hindmarch Valorie Clutch, Calypso Antik Batik Akan Thongs

Here's to celebrating forever love and happiness in style, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...