Wednesday, July 13, 2011

For any soon-to-be-engaged friends:

Please do something like this! 

I watched this video on 100 Layer Cake this morning and was smitten from the get-go.


One, I love Hall and Oates' "You Make My Dreams." It is such a killer 80's song and anyone who chooses to disagree can, well, disagree. I discovered it when The Wedding Singer came out in 1998 and I dorkily used to dance by myself in my bedroom to it over and over again. I'd start out with the bop, synching myself to the ultra-cool electric piano beat, work some back and forth finger action into the mix, then hit replay and start the fun all over again. I know how to have a good time at a one person party.

Two, watching videos like this makes me wish I had similar creative abilities. Do you know how much I would love to present a stop action film that has romantic relevance in my life? Handsome K would never agree to it, but a girl can dream. The scene where they're enjoying coffee together in a cafe on their "first date" and then the creamers assemble a save-the-date message on the table...?! Genius and so sweet. 

Three, when you watch this short, it is evident that the couple are head-over-heels for one another and seamlessly collaborated to achieve this superb little invite. Actually, that might be my favorite part of all: 

I love it when people wear their hearts on their sleeves for all to see.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...