Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Hump Day, Bump Day: Week 28

Yowza, the weeks keep flying by, don't they? This past weekend, Kyle and I did very low key things because we realized the next 6 weekends (!) are filled to the brim with all sorts of greatness, friends and adventures.

Which is awesome because I love adventures. And friends.

However, I know it means it will make time speed by even faster. Which means I will be a mom in the blink of an eye.

Shall we... move on to the photos?


and why not one from the front... for fun!

 
Musings on weekly photo: Holy moly, we're starting to get into big girl territory. Is it just me, or do I actually look significantly bigger from last week's photo? Naive Elizabeth mentioned "stretch fabric is her friend" back around Week 18. Stretch fabric is no longer her friend; it's a necessity.

Size of baby: If we're going off the guesses made at this week's doctor's appointment, he's about 2.5 pounds and the size of an aubergine (that's eggplant to all you non-European folk. Holla, Gurs and Nigel!). What's really crazy is that the majority of his length growing is almost done; he'll only tack on a couple more inches before August. But the weight gain? That's just beginning.

Movement:  It's to the point now where I have to keep track of how much he moves. I'm not a huge fan of this kind of stuff because sometimes it encourages anxiety for me ("Has he moved enough? Is he moving? Dear GOD, is he alive?!?!"). However, the boy is clearly Baryshnikov, what with all the pliĆ©s and pirouettes that he does, so luckily, I don't have to dwell on the concern.

Cravings: Nothing new to report in this department, although I am obsessed with this local find from Little Italy's Farmer's Market. Yes, the name is horribly cheesy. Yes, the sauce is damn good!

Annoyance: I feel like I mention this once every couple weeks, so bear with me. Sleeping just sucks, man. I'm hot all the time now, I wake up about 4 times a night, and when I do, everything just aches. EVERYTHING. Ok... I'm done throwing myself a pity party.

Highlight of the week: Kyle and I took Moe to Fiesta Island this Sunday and caught the eclipse. Aside from having a great seat to watch it all, we had the privilege of watching him go swimming in the bay. This might not sound like a big deal to most, but Moe is not a swimmer by nature and he does this hysterical horse trot when he gets back onto land.

Non-Highlight of the week: I'm starting to get antsy about meeting BBS and there's still quite a few ways to go! I vacillate between excitement and terror, so these are passing feelings.

Fears: Never sleeping well... again?

Nursery: More organization is happening, slowly but surely, and I am excited to make a couple more furniture switches to bring it all together.

Additional Notes: If you own a dog and have a baby or are expecting a baby and you didn't have a chance to read my post about Dogs and Babies from last Friday, look it over. I could go on and on about what I learned at this class.

Happy Hump Day, Bump Day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Looking good mamacita!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks amiga! BBS and I can't believe we have to wait until July to see you!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...