Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A Whimsical Roald Dahl Baby Shower

This weekend kicked off the first of three baby showers for yours truly. Don't judge! I have family and friends in both northern and southern California, and the majority of Kyle's family are in San Diego. Thus, three.

And boy, oh boy, was it a surreal blast. I can't exactly describe the feeling of opening gifts for your unborn child, but it makes things a tad more real imagining an actual person using them. A person. I'm creating a person. Still coming to grips with that, apparently.

My sister and mom hosted, and from the invites to the decor right down to the attractive servers in matching outfits (hat tip to Ginny on that one), they went above and beyond anything I ever could have imagined.

It was overwhelming to see how many people already love my son and it makes my heart burst. Just a little, anyhow.

If you've ever read any of Roald Dahl's books, you know color is truly the only way to go.
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory bags for...
... a Willy Wonka inspired candy bar.
These adorable cups were for the watermelon basil lemonade (made by yours truly).
BBS is definitely loved.
Guests received "Bun in the Oven" candles and Butter of London nail polish in "Yummy Mummy."
Colorful flower arrangements.

The Mimosa Station. Three different juices, three different berries, two different hunks. ;)


At the end of the day, it was a lovely afternoon spent surrounded by women I love and admire.

Does it get any better than that?

4 comments:

  1. Love this! Such a well thought out shower!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything in about the baby shower decorations is very creative. I am totally in love with all of these details here. At one of the local rental spaces for parties I also had attended a chic and whimsical Baby Shower of a cousin. It turned out to be super enjoyable with those funky photo booth supplies.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...