Monday, April 9, 2012

Green Gazpacho and a Fabulous Weekend

This past weekend was a total success. Friday night, we snagged a bunch of trashed wood from the alley near our house and took it down to the beach. Helllllo, bonfire and burritos! Saturday was a day of enjoyment in La Jolla on the deck of this restaurant, followed by some delicious cooking via me and a bad movie from the 90's (which, sadly, I remember loving when it first came out). Sunday was an Easter brunch and some good laughs with Kyle's family to round it out.

But back to the cooking I did Saturday night. Shock of all shocks, I made enough for plenty of leftovers and thought it would be great to share the meal with you today. So, I set up my little photo shoot during lunch, with my green gazpacho poised near the window for optimal light and a cute little bowl filled with my homemade hummus. I even threw some of Trader Joe's Garlic Naan in the oven to add to the full effect.

I whipped out our camera (because really, what's the point of sharing recipes if there are no photos to entice you?) and tried to snap a few shots. Focus, focus, focus, nothing. Somewhat frustrated, I played around with it a bit, but still: nothing! I figured I was going to have to resort to some shots via my phone, but as luck would have it, my SD card is not registering. This means NO PHOTOS!

I'm not sure how this will effect Hump Day, Bump Day...

Arrrgh. It nearly pissed me off enough to forgo this post all together, but what kind of friend would I be to deny you green gazpacho and homemade hummus due to a little hiccup?

Here is the photo AND recipe from Yotam Ottolenghi's Plenty for green gazpacho that I snagged via this blog. If you are looking for a book that has delicious vegetarian fare that is made from things you would normally have in your fridge, I cannot recommend it more highly.


Proof that pregnancy brain actually exists: I just remembered I already posted about homemade hummus. On THIS BLOG of all things! Holy cow, taking an IQ test right now would be Bad News Bears for all involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...