Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Rainy Day Funk

Usually rainy days offer serious bursts of happiness for me. I'm currently typing this in a huge, bulky gray sweater, sipping tea and working on a few different projects, and while this should just add to the joy level of the blustery bad weather, here I am in somewhat of a total funk.

Does this ever happen to you? I like to think I'm a pretty upbeat person most of the time, but I've just been down since yesterday afternoon. No worries, I plan on getting out of it soon, but since I don't allow myself to wallow in self pity all that often, I'm declaring this a day for Elizabeth to be sad.

I'll go ahead and blame part of it on this cleanse. Day Two of no caffeine and only fruit and vegetables has made me lethargic and irritable. I don't think I was cut out for this way of eating; I need some grains and cheese and stat!

So, whilst working away, I've been listening to The Wombats. Have you ever heard of them? They're one of my favorite bands and, having seen them in concert, I can tell you they put on a massively good show.

I just can't resist a musician with a British accent (or three for that matter). All of their music videos are a bit out there, so I'm going with the song that seems to encompass my gloomy mood. However, if I can also suggest this, this and this song, you won't be let down, promise!



Everyone needs a rainy day bum sesh once in a while, oui?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...