Thursday, October 20, 2011

T-Minus One Day

Yup. One day. Dying over here.

Luckily, I have a fancy pants autumn cocktail party to attend tonight (and the perfect Obakki LBD and DVF heels will be in full effect, you can be assured). It's at Aris in Laguna and I seriously cannot wait (I'm also appreciative of the fact that it's making time go by faster for me)!

Today's travels take us to Prague and London. I've only made the Eastern Europe rounds once in my life (and that might be all for that region, folks), but I never tire of London. If Kyle would be up for it, I'd move across the pond in a heartbeat (oh, and a few of you have pointed out that I'm using his actual name. I got some flack from my friends for my cheesy nicknames, so I'm going to use actual first names unless asked not to from here on out, FYI).

Finally, I promised yesterday to put together a list of places I've visited around the world. I had a difficult time figuring out how to do it (states? Countries? How do I decipher what counts? Does a stay at an airport mean I've been there?), so I thought I'd include everything. After this trip, I'll be able to include South Africa, Botswana and Zambia (with the slightest chance of Zimbabwe).

My travels (thus far) around the ever-spinning globe:
  • Australia
  • Fiji
  • Hawaii
  • California
  • Washington
  • Washington DC
  • Virginia
  • New York
  • New Jersey
  • Massachusetts
  • Illinois
  • Wyoming
  • Montana
  • Arizona
  • Nevada
  • Colorado
  • Utah
  • Texas
  • Missouri
  • Canada
  • Mexico
  • British Virgin Islands
  • Puerto Rico
  • United Kingdom
  • Sweden
  • Denmark
  • Norway
  • France
  • Italy
  • Hungary
  • Austria
  • Czech Republic
  • Thailand
  • Taiwan
  • Costa Rica

Prague in autumn = spectacular.
Me on the Charles Bridge (if you can't tell by now, I loved that fuzzy vest).
Whenever we're in Europe, we always manage to catch some changing of some guards.
I think this is Tyn Church?
Looking at this photo, I can almost smell the air.
You really feel like you're experiencing history looking at this.
Don't you just love stained glass windows?
Oh you crazy Eastern European masochists... You know, kids' stuff!
I lost a mitten while taking this photo.
Imagine there's a wall...
... dedicated solely to the celebration of John Lennon and his life.
We were really cold at this point.
Because if there's anything I want to eat, it's a baby pig with a smile on it's face!
A statue just for me.
I think this is one of the tower bridge points?
Old Town Prague
Every home needs at least one giant chair, am I right?
"Isn't there nothing better than having tea together on this freezing cold day?!"
It was good luck to simultaneously touch both parts of this statue. Couldn't tell you why.
Beautiful little garden in fall.
Loved the street art in Prague. Ben Harper? How'd you get here?!
Big Ben at night is quite pretty.
Loitering on the Millenium Bridge.
I love autumn. Love it.

"Traveling is like flirting with life. It's like saying, 'I would stay and love you, but I have to go; this is my station."  --  Lisa St. Aubin de Teran

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...