Friday, September 9, 2011

10 Years Later

I had intended to write about 9/11 today. The power went out all over San Diego county last night, and unfortunately, I wasn't able to use my computer. Thus, this Sunday, I'll be sharing my experience on the actual anniversary.

It's hard to believe it's been 10 years, isn't it? I had just begun my senior year in high school that September and I remember thinking after it happened that it was my generation's assassination of JFK, the signing of the Civil Rights Act, our landing on the moon.

Each of us can remember the precise moment: what we were doing and where we were when we heard. The shock and horror when we saw. The sadness and united hope we felt as Americans in the aftermath.

It still makes me sick when I think about it. I can't believe it's already been a decade since. But we are stronger for it.


And we will never forget.

Image courtesy of Seb Jarnot via CNN.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...