Friday, February 17, 2012

Berry Delicious, An Obsession

Kyle and I made a trip to Costco this week and I must admit, we went a tad overboard.

The thing that cracks me up about the place is that you head in there to grab only a "few necessities" for cheap, and end up dropping half your bank account. Then, you return home, empty your goods into the fridge and realize that you can't, in fact, make a meal with six canisters of old fashioned oats and a three pound block of Parmesan.

Luckily, we did take advantage of the great selection of fresh organic berries, and they have been making appearances in my lunch every day since. In fact, I'm about to share with you an easy and decadent dish of mine that I think even berry skeptics/non-cooks alike can appreciate.

It has three ingredients. They are as follows:


Blueberries, blackberries and a blood orange. Looks good, yes?

You put the berries (washed, of course) in a bowl, helter skelter, however you like it. You can use any berry you like, for the record.

You then take the blood orange halves and squeeze all the juice and pulp onto the fruit in the bowl.

Voila. It's that simple.

There is an order to eat this side, of course. First, I savor the berries, as slowly as possible (although, when I eat by myself, I have a tendency to choke down food as though I were a ravenous dog. It's a bad habit). Once done, what's left in the bowl will look like this:


Then, I slurp all the juice out of the bowl. Wowza, is it all kinds of tasty. And don't you just love the shade of red? OPI should make a nail polish color after this; it is beautiful.

If you get around to whipping this up, let me know what you think... I'm a berry good listener, after all.

Happy Friday and have a fantastic three day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...