Tuesday, February 7, 2012

What to Wear: Rainy Day Boots & Company

It's a rainy day... but the tear drops from the sky have yet to show their pretty faces. I am quoting the weather people from yesterday when I say there was supposed to be a "100% chance" of showers. Those are pretty remarkable odds, right? 100%? I mean, you think they'd give themselves an out by saying 90 or 95%, but no, whole hog it must be apparently.

Sometimes even I forget, weather people are never wrong.

So I shall wait and boy, am I prepared! My sister gifted me with the most fantastic pair of Ilse Jacobsen rain boots last week and I have been itching for an opportunity to wear them. Do you have things like this? When it comes to the majority of items in my closet, I can usually scrounge up some reason to wear one thing or another (I have been known to "over dress" on occasion simply because I am looking for an excuse to don a pretty frock or a fabulous pair of shoes), but rain boots are tough because it's glaringly obvious if you're sporting them and the weather is not requiring their use.

Ilse Jacobsen Rain Boots, Top Shop Snood, Maya Brenner "E" Necklace,
Jagger Godiva Sweater, J Brand Skinny Jeans

I feel I should point out the necklace on the right hand side of the image. It was a gift from my in-laws for Christmas, and it has a mini "e" and "k" linked into the chain. I wear it all the time and seriously love it.

Happy rainy day tidings to you, friends, and just in case you're looking for a little indoor entertainment on your lunch break, check out this old Geri Halliwell fave. Nothing says bad weather like a washed up Spice Girl, writhing around on the floor, singing about rain and men, am I right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...