Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Sending Out Happiness

I had an epiphany of sorts over the weekend that made me damn proud of myself.

You know how some people, when they hear good news from their friends or family (or even strangers and acquaintances), say, "I'm so happy for you!" but... aren't really? Either, the sentiment isn't genuine and they're just blurting it out because that's the seemingly appropriate response, or they say it knowing they should mean it, but really are jealous or resent the person's achievement or good luck?

I came to the realization this weekend that I am not one of those people. When I say I am happy or excited for the people I love, either in what they've accomplished or things that have happened (or is going to happen) to them, I mean it. 100%.

So I had a "Yay, me!" moment.

It may seem silly to applaud myself over something as simple as being genuine in my happiness for others, but I wouldn't feel proud if I thought every person is this way. The truth is, I don't.

And don't think I'm saying I've never experienced envy or jealousy. Any human who says that is a liar. Or a sociopath.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...