Monday, February 13, 2012

Ghetto Hikes Love

A friend of mine from childhood posted a link to a blog this afternoon on Facebook, and to say it made my day is, well, just not enough.

This may have made my week. It might have even made my February...

Folks, if you haven't become acquainted already, allow me to introduce you to Ghetto Hikes.

Photo courtesy of National Geographic

The premise, as written by the blog's author: "I'm 28. I have a full time job leading urban kids on nature hikes. I simply write down the shit they say."

Whenever I find blogs like these, I thank my lucky stars (the same went for Stuff White People Like and Hipster Puppies); I get especially excited about creative premises that my husband and I can enjoy together, and Ghetto Hikes is one such blog. 

If you don't think it's worth your time, why not indulge in a few quotes directly from Mr. Cody's pupils:

"Hey Dustin! Getcha ass ova here! We buildin' bird feeders! Peanut butter pinecone craft time, mothafucka!"

"Mr. Cody, hook me up wit a glue stick. Ima cut and paste this fuckin' orange leaf into my memories book."


"Them sheeps is funny lookin'. Homie wearin' a Snuggie full time."

"Mr. Cody, this sleepin' bag feel like I'm kickin' it wit a big ass loofa or some shit."

Friends, please send some love to Ghetto Hikes... a blog this perfect deserves appreciation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...